Chattanooga FC earned its seventh Southeastern Conference regular season title after securing a solid 3-0 victory over Georgia Revolution in McDonough, GA Friday night.

A familiar foe, bad weather, delayed yet another CFC match by an hour after the originally scheduled time. Once underway, CFC came out of the gates quickly and with purpose. Santi Moore, Caleb Cole, and Johnathan Ricketts all had great looks early on, but goals were not yet to be found. Georgia launched a handful of dangerous counterattacks that forced keeper Phillip D’Amico to make some crucial saves.

The boys in blue found the better side of the score sheet in the 25th minute as defender Steven Rocca picked up the end of a Santi Moore pass and chipped the Revolution keeper giving CFC an early 1-0 lead. Just ten minutes later, defender Juan Sanchez extended the lead off a corner kick that bounced into the area and found Sanchez’s forehead. After taking a 2-0 lead into the half, Chattanooga continued to maintain possession for majority of the second half.

The second half unfolded much like the first: purposeful build up play from the away team and quick counters from the Revolution. In the 54th minute, Santi Moore and Johnathan Ricketts launched a breakaway attack which proved to be too quick for the Georgia defense. The defender brought down Ricketts in the penalty area giving CFC a penalty kick. Santiago Moore executed a flawless PK, and Chattanooga FC increased its lead to 3-0.

Chattanooga’s defense unit played a blinder, extinguishing every Revolution attempt on goal and securing the fourth clean sheet of the season for the club. After a short period of added time, the whistle blew and CFC celebrated a much deserved win.

After our last match against the Revolution, we knew that we needed to make good on our chances early. I think we did just that,” said Bill Elliott, head coach for CFC. “It’s great to see us capitalizing on our set pieces, and I’m glad our defenders were able to score some goals.”

It’s tough to hit the road, get delayed by weather, and still come out with a performance like this,” said Sean McDaniel, GM, Chattanooga FC. “It was great to see some of our younger guys get some real minutes. That will help us as the playoffs begin next week.”